Enhance Your Smile With Cosmetic Gum Treatment
Unsightly or damaged gums can affect the appearance of your smile as well as your self-confidence. An uneven gum line, excess gum tissue, or receding gums can make your teeth look too small or too big. If you are unsatisfied with the appearance of your gums, our team at Bethesda Dental Implant Center can work with you to create a beautiful, natural looking gum line.
We utilize the latest dental technology and methods to perform a full range of cosmetic gum treatment, including gum contouring and gum grafts. Our goal is to help each of our patients achieve a beautiful, natural looking smile. To explore your cosmetic gum treatment options, visit one of our convenient locations in Washington, DC, and Bethesda, MD.
Is Cosmetic Gum Treatment Right For Me?
To determine if cosmetic gum treatment is right for you, visit our office for a consultation with our team. In many cases, candidates for cosmetic gum treatment should possess these key qualities:
- An uneven gumline
- A gummy smile
- The teeth appear shorter than they actually are
- Have an eroded gumline due to periodontal disease
If you have an unsightly gum line due to periodontal disease, you will need to treat it before undergoing any cosmetic gum treatment. We offer a full range of periodontal therapy services to address the various stages of gum disease. Our team can develop a comprehensive treatment plan to address all of your oral health and cosmetic needs.
Common Cosmetic Gum Treatment
- Gum Recontouring: Excess gum tissue is removed, and the bone structure is reshaped to realign the existing gum line.
- Crown Lengthening: For a gummy smile or short teeth, we may recommend crown lengthening. During this procedure, the excess gum tissue is removed in order to expose more of the natural tooth.
- Gum Graft: For patients with receding gums, or gingival recession, we may recommend gum grafting to restore balance and symmetry to your gum line.
- Frenectomy: When the frenum sits lower than the gum line, it can push the front teeth apart. We may recommend a frenectomy remove the tissue and help close the gap.
We offer a full range of cosmetic gum treatments to address a wide range of cosmetic concerns. Our team can discuss your cosmetic goals, budget, and assess your dental health to determine the best solution for your smile.
Schedule A Cosmetic Consultation
At Bethesda Dental Implant Center, our experienced team of periodontists are committed to helping you achieve a healthier, more beautiful smile. We understand that many patients seek cosmetic gum treatment to enhance the appearance of their smile. For that reason, we strive to work with patients on an individual basis to understand their needs and deliver comprehensive treatment plans to help them reach their ideal smile.
If you would like to explore your cosmetic gum treatment options, visit one of our convenient locations in Washington, DC, or Bethesda, MD. To schedule your consultation, contact us or schedule an appointment using our convenient online form.