Benefits of Dental Implants
· Dental implants are one of the most predictable and successful restoration methods. Success rates are in the high 90% range with long-term outcomes. More importantly, dental implants have a very high patient satisfaction rate compared to other dental restorations. Patients with dental implants often say “I wish I’d done it sooner”, a true testament to the benefits of dental implant treatment.
· Dental implants are one of the longest lasting dental restorations. A dental bridge will need to be replaced about every 10 years, but a dental implant can be expected to last 30 years or more.
· Bone loss is a common problem with missing teeth. As the bone recedes, it can create problems for other teeth and cause the face to sag or droop. A dental implant will help maintain bone density and the natural shape of your face and smile.
What Can I Eat After Dental Implant Surgery?
After oral surgery, you’re going to be on a soft food diet for a while. The best you can do is to get creative with the foods that are available to you. Remember that even though a food is soft, ask yourself is it spicy? Should it be hot, cold, or warm? Are there seeds, even small seeds like poppy or sesame? Rice and quinoa, even when cooked extra soft, could get into holes and might not be the best option, at least right away.
Below is a list of some food options that may help you in deciding what to make yourself after your dental implants are
- Baked beans
- Baked fruits/vegetables e.g. peach, squash
- Bread pudding
- Bread/Buns dipped in sauces or gravy
- Breakfast cereals (softened in milk)
- Cottage/ricotta cheese
- Creamed soups
- Creamy egg or potato salad
- French toast (soft soaked bread)
- Fruit juices
- Guacamole (pureed)
- Seedless watermelon
- Sloppy joe/chili
- Stews (pureed)
- Soft tofu
- Vegetables (cooked, mashed or pureed)
Please make sure to check your food allergies prior to purchasing or preparing any meals.
Schedule an Appointment
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Eskow for an exam and professional teeth cleaning in our Washington DC or Bethesda, MD dentist office. At your appointment, he will do a thorough evaluation of your overall dental health as well as a teeth cleaning.