Dental implants are the go to for missing tooth replacement. The routine dental procedure can provide natural looking results that with proper maintenance can last a lifetime. Dental implants are durable, secure and offer patients a natural looking and feeling smile. Implant secured dental restorations offer the confidence that your denture or bridge will not slip or fall out. Implants can improve the quality of patient’s lives and restore their oral health. Dr. Roy Eskow and Dr. Adam Eskow work together to provide patients in the Bethesda and Washington DC area with quality dental implants for their advanced restorative dental concerns.
Dental Implant Procedure Bethesda, MD
- Consultation: You will meet with Dr. Eskow in a one-on-one consultation. Dr. Eskow will listen to your concerns and provide a thorough oral health exam. Together, you, Dr. Eskow and your cosmetic dentist will create a strategic treatment plan that will provide you with a natural and healthy smile.
- Placement: Dr. Eskow will surgically place tiny titanium posts into the jaw bone. The dental implant will fuse with the natural bone created a secure and stable bond. The implant acts like a prosthetic root system to help prevent bone deterioration or infection.
- Temporary Restoration: It will take your implant a few months to fully heal. During this time, Drs. Eskow will provide a temporary restoration for ease of use. During your healing process, your permanent dental crown, bridge or denture will be custom designed and fabricated.
- Final Placement: Once your implant has fully healed and integrated into the bone, your permanent restoration, a dental crown, bridge or denture, will be securely fit and permanently attached.
- Maintenance: One of many benefits of dental implants, they require no more maintenance than your natural teeth. Brushing and flossing twice a day, and biannual dental checkups and professional dental cleanings can help your implants last a lifetime. Because your dental restoration is made of porcelain, they can get tooth decay or become discolored. However, dental implants require healthy gum and bone structure to be successful. Oral hygiene is essential in maintaining your natural teeth and dental implants.
Schedule A Consultation
For thorough, comprehensive and compassionate implant dentistry, contact our Bethesda dentist office. Our dental care team will help get you started on your journey to a beautiful, functional and healthy smile.
Posted in: benefits of dental implants